Getting scouted by a sports team is every kid’s dream and ScoutPro are in the business of making dreams a reality. After going through the tedious scouting process themselves, the founders were determined to make it simpler for everyone involved — both the athletes and the scouts.
Approach — Branding
The new identity is positioned around rising to the next level — for teams that means to secure future success, and for athletes it means to advance through the ranks until they break through with a professional team. Rigid structures and sharp lines, from the logo through to the UI, aim to reflect the toughness of rugby league, which ScoutPro is centred around. The identity adopts a motivational tone of voice to inspire athletes to pursue their aspirations within the sport.
Approach — UI
Through initial interviews it was evident ScoutPro needed to address the pain points of two parties, scouts and athletes. Scouts still operated through a laborious process for discovering talent which included:
- Physically travelling to games (particularly bothersome for urban scouts having to travel to rural areas).
- Relying on word of mouth for discovery, causing scouts to waste time travelling to games of subpar athletes.
- Unorganised means of communication with athletes and their data.
Athletes faced the issues of:
- Lacking the connections for scouts to pay attention to their games, even if they were putting in good performances.
- For those who live in rural areas, not being consistently under the radar of majority of the best coaches and recruitment managers.
- Having a bad day while a scout is visiting their game.
Addressing the primary pain points of both scouts and athletes during the scouting process, ScoutPro provides a platform to effortlessly identify, track, and manage growing talent.